Friday, January 22, 2010

Implement Your First Content Slider in SharePoint

REF: http://www.endusersharepoint.com/2010/01/18/implement-your-first-content-slider-in-sharepoint/comment-page-1/#comment-25558

This article is part of a continuing series, jQuery for the Common Man, that walks through simple jQuery solutions, step-by-step. In this installment, we upload and configure a simple content slider in SharePoint.

So now we’re at the point where we have to implement the image slider we have selected. If you’ve been following along with the series, you’ve got your SharePoint Scripting Resource Center in place and you’ve investigated a few jQuery sliding solutions. As a reminder, I chose Chris Coyier’s “AnythingSlider jQuery Plugin“.

The first thing I did was unzip the package on my harddrive, and then click the index.html file to see what would happen. It worked flawlessly. I popped open the index.html file in TextPad to check out the code and clean up the HTML a bit. I saved that file as EUSPSlider.html.

That started me thinking about the simplest way to get the solution to work in SharePoint. Here are the steps I’m planning on taking:

No comments:

Post a Comment